22.4.05

Good Show

I saw Torrey Theatre Club's performance of Shakespeare's "The Taming of the Shrew", and it was very good. I enjoyed it very much. Well, it was my first "stage" show, but I had a good time; all the actors were perfect for their roles and they did an excellent job! Props to you guys (and gals)! Even though it was their first performance, it was fantastic. Before, I had only seen a sort of film version which is "Kiss Me Kate" with Howard Keel and Katherine Greyson (sp?). The actors in last night's performance were very funny and they played the story out beautifully. This is coming from a non-experienced fan of the stage, but I thought it was great. More entertaining than "Kiss Me Kate" (remember, that was a musical and was meant to be a sort of comedy, but I liked this one---the original story---much better! of course, the original is always much better than the take-off).
End Transmission.

No comments: