9.2.05

Many thoughts...

Ah, yesterday's discussion of John 2:1-12 sent my mind into a whir. It was sort of "Chuck Missler style", if you will, by going into how this connects to that and how that symbolizes this...phew, that was SO fun! Seriously, that was a really great discussion. These are my conclusions from this discussion:
I think the purification pots full of water, and then that water turning into excellent wine, symbolises (this is my own opinion, remember) the sinful man being purified by the blood of Jesus, and how supposedly the best wine was already served first but how the wine being served last was the best is (now remember, I came to these conclusions with much help from other people, not by myself) a symbol of His second coming; we thought that His first coming to this Earth was good, but the best is for last. And then how Mary had faith that Jesus would do something about the situation, I think that's a symbol of our being able to participate in that glorious second coming by having faith and believing in Jesus that He will see us through to that day. Now, the question we were left with.......the deeper meaning of John 6:53. I am truly looking forward to that discussion.
I remember thinking in class, that wow, if THI is like this, I want to go...really bad. I mean, the Bible is interesting just by itself, but understanding it like this or attempting to analyse it makes reading it even more fun. :}
Now which RE question to pick.......

No comments: