19.3.05

Rage & Congress

This is totally off-subject from the things I said I would talk about, but I just have to "get this off my chest". Okay, just so I get it straight, those two don't go together, that's just what I'm going to talk about.
Firstly, has anyone noticed the apparent rage in people that has been prominently reported on about every news station across America? "A boy stabs his sister in the arm over a pot-pie"..."A boy shoots his brother because he threw a toy at him" (which is actually a story about anger and gun awareness & safety)...and other stories similar to these. Americans have a clear problem with rage, and I want to know why. Of course, I have come to the conclusion that these cases usually result from a lack of God in this country. I mean, come on, how many times did things like this happen in the forties and fifties? It is a lack of God; He's been removed from almost every where (the ACLU---anti-Christian liberties union---has made sure of that). Yesterday, while in a church bookstore after Bible study, a friend and I noticed that one of 25 ideas of what to do with a Bible (the bookstore was selling Bibles for a dollar each so people could pass them out in different places) was "Challenge your student to give one to a non-Christian student at school". Riiight. That's a major disaster waiting to happen. Isn't that sad that your child could be suspended from school for something like that? Another thing that bugs me is that people will declare the passing out of Bibles in school as "unconstitutional", which really makes me want to become a constitutional lawer...argh. Come on, where does it say THAT in the Constitution? It says the government shall make no law in favor of any religion (i think that's right...). It's really annoying.
Next subject: the Congress. Man, Congress has been on a roll lately...busting the MLB for use of steroids, interfering in the Schiavo case...I mean, this is cool! Is it just a coincidence that this may have come as a result from more Republicans being elected to the Congress and the House? Who knows. But, I applaude them for what they're doing. By the way, where is the ACLU in the Schiavo case? Aren't they the American Civil Liberties Union? Ooh, nevermind. They're civil liberties. So rests my case, well, not really. These cases shall never rest.

No comments: