4.5.05

I found...

...an interesting quote from Plato's Republic the other day, and I thought I'd share it with all you lovely people who read my blog :}.
Drat. My book's in a car that isn't at home this moment, so I suppose I'll post it later.

While I'm here, I should post about yesterday's discussion. I haven't done this in a long while...*sighs*...I need to drop politics (for I'm never going to become a politician, so what's the point in complaining about them) and pick this up again. All right. Here goes:

We decided (I'm assuming this since I don't have my notes---they are also traveling in that car) that Bombadil is...wait...it's coming...right. He is Master of the hills, water, and forests (page 123 I believe), and has some sort of power over nature. One thing I did miss our not discussing was "what is Bombadil's purpose in the story?". This is a very perplexing question, which I can only answer with "maybe he was there to pass something along (wisdom or something) to the hobbits"...

I shall continue this later, for I found this discussion of Bombadil very fascinating...but the dirty dishes in the sink beckon to me so until then,
Au Revoir :}

No comments: