14.10.05

here, there and...well, everywhere

Hi. Just to warn you (before you scroll down this page) this post is going to be long. Maybe I'm compensating for lost time, or maybe I just have a lot on my mind (I prefer the latter). I decided to be smart and write exactly what I wanted to say down on a piece paper (so I wouldn't forget...like usual). Another warning: I didn't really think about making my topics flow so how I write may seem a little random; that's just my mind going from subject to subject. Here is what came out of that:

I feel like Vanilla Rudding at this point in my life. What is this "Vanilla Pudding" that I speak of? Flip though Relient K's book "The Complex Infrastructure Known as the Female Mind: According to Relient K" and you'll understand. If you don't care to do that, I'll just tell you: it can be defined as "average". Sweet, gets along with everybody, but not very unique. I've been searching for something I'm good at (and like as well) and so far I've only found one thing: sketching. I love to draw and am developing my skills with each sketch I create. I actually feel I'm somewhat good at this, which is saying a lot.
Something that I love is government; I am thoroughly enjoying my "Foundations of American Thought" class! It's a subject I love to discuss, and it is introducing me to authors I find enjoyable to read (such as Locke and Montesquieu). It is also something I'm familiar with (we discuss politics a lot in my family).
I think I feel a cold coming on, or maybe I'm just not getting enough sleep. What do you all think of a person with a "suck-it-up-and-push-on" type of personality (though they only apply that to themselves)?
Oh my dear---enough about me. Let's talk about someone else. Harriet Miers? No. Nothing to discuss there. Hugh Hewitt has that topic covered; I enjoy listening to someone who actually thinks positively about her. I trust President Bush's decision, knowing he won't make the mistake his father did. One should trust the representative one elects; if not, what's the point in voting? We vote to elect representatives for ourselves because, as Montesquieu says, the people need a government to rule them; otherwise they will live in a constant state of war with each other (I like you Locke, but your view of natural man is not realistic).
There is a certain comic strip (called Get Fuzzy) which I read and in one of the cartoons the cat, Bucky, says to the dog, Satchel, that he's living in the past; the dog replies "I like living in the past. It's so predictable." A corny example, yes, but that last statement describes how I feel sometimes. When I look at America's past, I do see mistakes but I also see our government and citizens learning from those mistakes. When I look at today's society, I see a culture in which the bad guy reigns without question, which makes me feel like buying myself an island in the Pacific (call me cynical---I live in the land of fruitcakes and nuts, a.k.a., California). It actually reminds me of Star Wars, in which the fighting conservatives are the Rebellion and the liberals are the Empire---trying to replace our Republic with Despotic government. Now, when I think about the future...I don't really like to think about the future. I'm not scared of it, just a little concerned. I see the way my generation (those in private and public school) acts and apparently thinks and say to myself, "This may be the kind of society I'll be raising my kids in." Of course, there is the Christian homeschool movement (although sometimes certain people in that scare me just as much) that hopefully are raising those who Montesquieu says are "compentent enough to be elected" (Spirit of the Laws, 12).
I'm going to change the subject again---do you know how much it sucks to be a teenager? Adults shoving you into a stereotype and not thinking another thing about it! You know, just nodding and making you think they're actually listening to you when all they're doing is thinking "She's a teenager, what does she know?" I may not know as much (be as wise) as an adult, or even be as mature as most adults, but I do not have the intelligence level of a junior higher. Don't treat me like I do. I ABHOR stereotypes. Say you're a lawyer. When people hear that, they think to themselves "Filthy rich greedy scumbucket"; okay, maybe they don't think that low, but come on, most people picture a greasy, greedy little guy in a suit when they think of a lawyer. Do you see how that stereotype can really affect how people view lawyers? I'm not saying that they're all saints, because they all aren't. There are lawyers that are really like that. But not all of them are.
We were thinking of going to the God Blog Convention to-night, but we're still not sure yet. Maybe we will...or...maybe we won't be able to make it.

{Jeremiah 29:11}
over and out

No comments: