3.11.05

This isn't a new thought to me but...

...I just have to say it. George Lucas is out there. First, he draws a clear difference between good and evil, and then he has to pop this line out:

Anakin: "You're either with me, or my enemy." (or something along those lines...)
Obi-Wan: "Anakin, only the Sith deal in absolutes!"

Whoa there. That's a contradiction...and obviously an insight into the way Lucas' mind works. Of course, as a big Obi-Wan fan (he's my fave Star Wars character other than Darth Maul and Luke Skywalker) I tried to make an excuse, saying "Well, he really meant that only the Sith deal in such extremes". Hah. And the funny thing is that all throughout the movie he makes good and evil apparent (with a few exceptions of relativism, but those came from Darth Sidious and we all know he's not to be trusted), but then he unloads this upon the viewer. Apparently Mr. Lucas doesn't believe that evil exists. Poor man...

over and out

No comments: