29.6.05

Washington

I've just returned from a six day trip to Washington and I loved it. My family and I went for my cousin's wedding, but decided to stay a few days afterward to explore the state a bit.

First off, I'd like to say a few words about a few places. Yes, yes, shameless plugs. If you're ever in Washington for a few days or a vacation, stay at the Aloha B&B in Purdy. They have the most comfortable rooms, a four-course breakfast (which is deliciously different every morning), and the owners are wonderful people. In addition to great service and rooms, they're on the water, they have an exercise room, a sauna, and a jacuzzi. Plus, wonderful gardens to enjoy.
Lastly, I would highly recommend (if you are any where near Purdy) that one should dine at The Beach House restaurant at least once during one's stay. Everything there is tasty and done to perfection. I had the Filet Mingon---the best I have ever tasted in my life---my dad had the salmon---which I tasted, and it was the most tender, flavorful salmon I have ever had---and for dessert, we each had our own. I tried the Brownie Sundae, and that was the creamiest brownie I've eaten, mom tried the Chocolate Tart, which both mom and dad enjoyed very much, and dad had the Strawberry dessert (I forget what it's called) and liked it very much. The chefs there are excellent. Though if you're on a budget, split a meal or eat there once...it will be wonderful, I assure you.

Back to the trip.
I loved Washington, enough that I entertained thoughts of moving there someday. It was fantasticly green and wet. Just wet enough for there to be moisture in the air, but not so bad that it rains every single day. We enjoyed it so much, we're probably going to take another vacation there next year. That's all for now...my unpacked bag is calling to me.

au revoir

No comments: